Twitter is truly a wonderful way to connect with loads of prospective clients and customers. However, making mistakes on Twitter is pretty easy. In order to take advantage of the many benefits that Twitter offers to business owners, you need to know the mistakes to avoid on Twitter.
Here are some of the common mistakes to avoid on Twitter:
- Avoid tweeting links to resources on your site that will require followers to register in order to gain access.
- Not being active on Twitter can make you lose the few followers you have. Sending at least eight to ten tweets daily (within considerable intervals) is a good way to be active on Twitter.
- Do not just blindly follow anyone! If you are an online entrepreneur, follow other online entrepreneurs – there is really no point following people who are clueless about entrepreneurship.
- Avoid over-tweeting! If you over-tweet here is what you should expect to happen:
- Lose your followers because you are annoying them with way too much tweets
- Having your tweets ignored because they have lost their power or effect on your followers
- Get less retweets (RT’s) on your tweets
- Lose traffic to your website or blog
- Being unhelpful is one grave mistake some people make. Being helpful is one of the fastest ways you can drive traffic to your company’s website or blog.