It is important to know exactly what types of content or tweets will get the best results on Twitter. Merely posting updates about newly launched products, sale offers, and special services is not enough to get results on Twitter. Gaining a solid followership and response to your Tweet basically depends on the type of comments or content you post.
It is very important that you understand that Twitter users are known to value random thoughts and information sharing over presence or personal-oriented updates.
Engaging content includes information sharing, interesting questions to your followers and business-promotion. Another way to get people to read your post and to also retweet it, is by making use of humor in order to share opinions and random thoughts.
Here are other valuable tips for helping you create engaging content/tweets:
- Provide context in the tweets you post – for no reason should you be cryptic!
- Add personal remarks – particularly if you retweeted a news source
- Do not overstuff your tweets @ mentions or hashtags.
- Ask people to retweet your tweet! Trust me people do it!
- If you have asked a question, utilize a hashtag in order for you and your followers to keep track of the discussion.